Associations frequently use learning management systems (LMS) to deliver continuing education content to members. Depending on your association’s industry, an LMS can provide state and/or board-required certifications, maintenance credits, or other training needs. In addition to satisfying your learners’ industry requirements, a learning management system should offer career advancement opportunities.
An effective LMS will integrate with your association management system (AMS,) allowing learners to easily find and consume content while sharing valuable member data with your staff. A learning management system’s ability to generate non-dues revenue for your association should also play a vital role in your selection.
What is a learning management system (LMS) for associations?
An association LMS is software used for creating, managing, and delivering eLearning content. LMS platforms are also used as a communication tool with learners and to track their continuing education performance. Your staff can create courses with the help of native learning management system tools like quizzes, links, or uploaded SCORM-compliant requirements.
What types of associations use LMS, you ask? While any association can and should utilize a learning management system, the most common industries include legal, healthcare, higher education, and trade associations. Shopping for an LMS might bring you to sites like ReviewMyLMS, which offers helpful videos and resources on finding the best learning management system for your association.
What is an example of a learning management system (LMS)?
Any type of organization can use an LMS. Businesses use them to foster ongoing training and continuing education for their employees, and schools use them to manage e-learning.
A learning management system is an effective tool to create, deliver, and manage continuing education content. Here are some top benefits to consider in an LMS:
- Course tracking and advanced analytics
- User-friendly for staff and learners
- Caters to different learning methods
- Engaging and interactive courses
- Makes learning fun and engaging
- Offers branding and personalization
- High-quality software support
- Cost-effective learning resource
How can a learning management system (LMS) help your association?
Your association can leverage learning management software to create a dynamic continuing education program. An LMS is crucial in providing valuable training opportunities and driving non-dues revenue:
- Members want to learn. According to the latest Community Brands research, 47% of members prioritize certifications/credentials, and 44% of members value ongoing training opportunities. The top reasons non-members join associations are for certifications/credentials, ongoing training, and career advancement opportunities.
- Drive non-dues revenue. Community Brands research found that 68% of association professionals rated non-dues revenue as a top strategic priority. Leveraging an LMS is an easy way for your association to increase revenue opportunities.
Why should your association integrate a learning management system (LMS) with association management software (AMS)?
Your association can greatly benefit from integrating its LMS with its AMS. Here are three reasons you should consider integrating your LMS and AMS platforms:
- Single sign-on. An efficient integration should allow your learners to seamlessly access both your LMS and AMS platforms without multiple logins, preventing password fatigue and a poor user experience. Once logged in, your AMS can provide basic information about your learners that is then used to personalize their experience within the LMS.
- Continuing education credit tracking. Once a learner meets all the LMS course requirements and successfully submits for credit, you can request that the LMS sends completion data back to the AMS. This feature ensures your AMS has a comprehensive member profile and transcript. It also allows you to incorporate all credit data into your AMS reporting.
- Product sync and shopping cart. Integrated shopping allows learners to purchase multiple items from the AMS and LMS through one checkout experience. Take it one step further by enabling a catalog or product integration, which automatically syncs the products, description and credit, without the need for double entry, taking the burden off your staff.
What are the top association learning management systems (LMS)?
When it comes to offering an intuitive, easy-to-use LMS that integrates with a robust AMS system, one provider stands above the rest: Freestone LMS.
Freestone is continually highlighted as a top LMS for associations, ensuring organizations deliver interactive and impactful learning courses as part of a comprehensive continuing education program. Freestone LMS makes it easy to create credentialing and certification programs to help learners advance their careers and help your association achieve revenue goals.
Looking to learn more about association learning management systems (LMS)?
Connect with the Freestone LMS team to discover how a learning management system can transform your continuing education program!