The Freestone Team attended the Association for Continuing Legal Education (ACLEA) 59th mid-year meeting that featured various Continuing Legal Education (CLE) sessions and workshops. Barron Henley Esq. of Affinity Consulting shared valuable technological insights and CE presentation recommendations gained from over 20 years of experience in the continuing education (CE) field in his session, and we wanted to share them with you!
Are you ready to empower your CE staff and boost learner engagement with technology? Read on to discover the technology solutions that will best support your CE program.
Top technology solutions for your CE program
Finding the right technology to support your CE program or presentation can make or break the learner’s experience. Here are some examples of technology solutions that your CE program should considering using:
- Standard projector. If your CE program offers in-person courses and you often diversify your meeting locations; you’ll want to consider this technology option. The major benefits of the standard projector are its portability and its ability to project high-quality images. However, before you invest in a projector, you’ll want to consider how often you plan on using it as replacement bulbs can be expensive.
- Use TVs as projectors. Consider having your speaker use a TV to display their presentation or teach their next CE course. A major benefit of a TV as a projector is the cost and clarity of the images. TVs also offer more flexibility as to where they’re mounted, can connect with articulating wall mounts, and provide larger screen options. As you select a TV for your CE program, consider using a QLED or OLED screen depending on the room you’re presenting in as they won’t wash out in bright light. However, these options can be be more expensive.
- The Meeting Owl. This 360° camera, microphone, and speaker is a great choice for any CE program that offers a hybrid learning experience. The Meeting Owl follows the speaker around the room, capturing whatever your presenter says, wherever they say it. You can link it with your webcast tool to make the technology especially effective.
- Logitech webcams. If you’re looking to live stream an event, have speakers that often present from home, or offer hybrid content for your CE program, consider webcam options from Logitech. Optimize your webcam with a free program called Logi Tune which allows you to customize your webcast.
- A learning management system. Elevate your CE program by adopting a flexible learning management system (LMS). With an LMS, your CE staff can create webinars and webcasts, record them locally or in the cloud, and easily repurpose for on-demand sales. You can also choose to rebroadcast previous live content to build up and sell your on-demand CE courses within an LMS platform.
TECH TIP: Choose Freestone LMS to deliver webinars, webcasts, and on-demand content to your CE program. Boost learner engagement with interactive features like polls, surveys, live chat, and mobile access.
Learn more about technology trends
To discover more tips about learning trends and technology, check out this free E-book: Learning Trends for Learning Professionals.